Regulatory Committees at IMEC Institute
Grievance Redressal Cell
IMEC Institute of Management has Grievance Redressal Cell. The main responsibility of the Cell is:
a) To receive complaints and representation from the employees & students.
b) To address the grievances of the employees & students by investigating the reasons for the grievances.
c) To suggest grievance redressal mechanisms and measures.
REFERENCE: As per All India Council for Technical Education (Establishment of Mechanism for Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, F. No. 37- 3/ Legal/2012, dated 25.05.2012) IMEC is required to constitute a Grievance Redressal Committee . Read more: AICTE_Notification_Grievance
Anti-Sexual Harassment/Internal Complaint Cell
As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court an Anti Sexual Harassment Cell has been established by IMEC Institute of Management to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students . The Cell will be responsible for following activities:
a) To develop the guidelines and norms for a policy against sexual harassment.
b) To develop principles and procedures for combating sexual harassment.
c) To work out details for the implementation of the policy.
d) To prepare a detailed plan of action, both short and long term.
REFERENCE: As per Section 4 of AICTE’s (Gender Sensitization, Prevention and Prohibition of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students and Redressal of Grievances in Technical Institutions) Regulations, 2016 vide No. F. AICTE/ WH/ 2016/ 01 dated 10th June, 2016. Read more : AICTE_Notification_WomenProtection
Anti-Ragging Cell at IMEC Institute will be responsible for making the institute zero-tolerance zone for ragging. The Cell will be responsible for following activities:
1) Alert students about the illegalities of ragging and the penalties which go therewith
2) To oversee the working of the anti-ragging task force and decide the quantum of action needed to be taken in cases of ragging.
SC/ST Cell under the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act, 1989
The scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell at IMEC institute promotes the special interest of students in the reserved category and to provide special inputs in areas where the students experience difficult. Responsibilities of the Cell includes:
1) Conducting remedial coaching classes on life skills, personality development, writing assignments and making presentations
2) Organizing interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems.
REFERENCE: Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, Circular No. 33 of 1989, dated 11.09.1989. Read more: SC/ST_Act 1989
Internal Quality Assurance Cell
The Cell has been established in pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become an important part of the institution and work towards quality education .
The goal of IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to escalate academic and administrative performance of the institution on the whole.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for the following:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic programs
- Making programs affordable to the society
- Implementing novel teaching and learning methodology
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
Functions of IQAC are:
- Development and implementation of quality standards towards academic and administrative activities
- Dissemination of information on aspects of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the activities leading to quality improvement
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC
Current action plan for IMEC’s IQAC
IQAC proposed intensive efforts to enhance improvement in :
- Initiatives for Academic and Administrative Audit
- Measures to promote quality enhancement among faculty and students
- Pedagogy Improvement using innovation
- Arranging Tutorial/Remedial classes for needful
- Encouraging faculty for various consultancy assignments
- Day-to-day student’s feedback on the program and taking necessary steps for improvement
Student Counselling Cell
The Student Counselling Cell of the IMEC is responsible for the following activities :
Counselling is a helping process which aims to facilitate the process of growth and positive well being. Counselling emphasizes awareness and prevention along with early identification and intervention of mental health issues. It allows students to effectively deal with problems and issues before they become unmanageable. Counselling empowers students with enhanced ability to solve problems, make decisions and deal more effectively with their personal situations. It helps students to alleviate distress, enhance wellness, utilizing their best potentials and facilitate the achievements.
Counselor carefully listens to the students’ concerns with empathy and responds in a non judgmental manner. The process need to be confidential except in a condition where disclosure is necessary to protect you or another person or abide by the institute policy.
Academic pressures/homesickness/Adjustment issues/Peer pressure/Relationship issues/ Family Problems/ Cyber bullying/ Behavioral problems/ Low confidence and self esteem/ mental health problems/ Substance abuse
To make an appointment with Student Counselor, contact Ms. Kiran Khatri via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org